Monday, November 2, 2009

It DOES have to do with surgery :-)

My finished half sleeve!

OK, so, I didn't get this tattoo just because I FINALLY got the surgery and it really has changed my life...but yes, it is the biggest reason. For me, it symbolizes overcoming obstacles even if you have to go through hell...Lotus flowers have to grow through muddy dirty water before they can finally bloom...butterflies start out as a worm before they become beautiful! Butterflies also have a much more special meaning to me but I won't get into that here. I also love the fact that I have a piece of artwork on my body for the rest of my life.

Here's my smile that i'm still getting used to...I'm still more swollen on my right side than my left.

After wearing that huge splint for 5 weeks i'm not too embarrassed of my braces anymore :-)
I just still can't get over the difference...it's a huge difference...huge change. I'm still shy, but I definately want to go out more and be social...soooo different from how i've always been. Yey!
Haha now I take TOOO MANY pictures!! I'm not afraid of the camera anymore!

The End.

5 comments:

  1. You look SO GREAT!!!! I love the middle picture. And your tattoo is amazing as is the story behind it! It is so exciting to hear how you are gaining confidence!!! Glad to hear you are enjoying the new you :)

    I got my splint off and yes it is AWESOME! It was a little wierd eating and will take some getting use to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea, I've had it off for almost 2 weeks now and i'm still trying to get used to eating...probably all of the numbness doesn't help....Won't it be weird when we feel all normal again and look back on this whole experience??

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the middle picture too! your smile looks beautiful!! i also love your tattoo. i'm in the midst of deciding/designing the one that i want.
    i can't wait to feel normal again and not think about my mouth, teeth, braces, etc. those will be happy days!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new smile and tatty both look great!! It must be so nice to enjoy smiling in pictures. I can't wait until I can feel that way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. pretty baby and I like your tattoo too

    ReplyDelete