Tuesday, September 29, 2009

day 15

I feel like I'm healing sooo slowly...still can't move my lips or barely talk...the splint doesn't help with that. pain in my jaw joints...it feels so awkward to bite into my splint sometimes..I feel like i'm having to posture my jaw forward to bite into the splint right, but it's getting better...I guess...has anyone else felt like that with the splint? As far as good news goes I can finally eat with a spoon (to an extent) and the easiest things to eat are things that stick to the spoon but that I don't have to chew...pumpkin pie is perfect! lol. Also was able to eat a baked potatoe. I think I'm going to end up living off of spaghetti o's, baked potatoes, pudding, and pumpkin pie!
Here's my "normal" looking x-ray

1 comment:

  1. That's funny...I just picked up a few cans of Spaghetti-Os and wondered when the last time I actually had these! I'm guessing at least 10 years. At least!

    Wow, I'm sorry the healing is slow for you. I almost feel guilty...I was able to talk and move my lips as soon as I woke up from surgery. I can't imagine enduring two weeks of resorting to Neanderthal grunting and amateur mime acts to communicate anything.

    How is the swelling and overall pain level? I hope at least those areas have marked improvements. Thanks for the update and wish you all the best!

    -George

    ReplyDelete