Saturday, September 19, 2009

Home

Well, this won't be long because i get tired so easily and for some reason looking at this computer screen makes me a little nauseous.
I got to the hospital on monday at 5:30am and the surgery started (I was told) around 8:20...I was out by 7:30 so I have no idea what they did for that hour. The surgery last about 5 1/2 hours but it only seemed like a few minutes to me of course. I woke up in recovery with a nurse that was kind of rough on me... i remember I got upset when he touched my IV....so i threw up a bunch of blood on him...right when they were about to wheel me to my room :-)
Later that night, my surgeon came to check on me and I threw up a bunch of blood on him too...I felt bad about that one though, he was so nice he actually got me all cleaned up and was ordering the nurses around. I would expect a doctor to make the nurses do the dirty work but he was right there taking care of me and cleaning me up. My family got a little grossed out at that point I think...but it felt so good to get all that blood out of my stomach. I remember my dad got a little woozy when he first saw me out of surgery. I do look kind of like a frog/homeless/crack ho...I don't have button up shirts so i'm walkin around in my bikini top.
It is very uncomfortable to not be able to breathe out of your nose at all...thankfully i only have 2 rubber bands and can keep my mouth open to breathe. I have a splint in the roof of my mouth that makes it hard to swallow and everything that i try to eat gets stuck in it...and i can't clean in out. I use a turkey baster to try to flush my mouth out but it doesn't work that well...I have gotten alot of blood clots out that way though. My neck is killing me, especially when i first wake up...i think the roof of my mouth hurts the worst though. I got out of the hospital around 10:30 on tuesday night and went to the doctor for x-rays on wednesday. I cried when the lady stuck those things into my ears for the x-ray. poor lady, she felt so bad. It was so weird to see my x-rays...they looked normal (minus all the metal and my chin all up and out), i'm so used to seeing an outline that looks so abnormal and odd. Now it's normal! but it hurts! Probably the worst part for me in the hospital was the IV. it hurt SO BAD when they would put meds into it...they had to switch it from my left hand to my right wrist and it STILL HURT. What killed me though is I would be crying and the nurse would laugh and say "oh you should just feel pressure"..??? If by pressure you mean intense, burning, sharp, pain...then yes, it feels like pressure.
I'm sorry this is all over the place, i have to stop now...not feeling so good...i will post pictures later though!

No comments:

Post a Comment